I'm a software engineer with a degree from the Barcelona Schools of Informatics and in recent years I earned a MSc in Environmental Science from the University of Auckland. I also hold a postgraduate diploma in International Cooperation and Development from the Technical University of Catalonia. For more than fifteen years I've worked for several companies and non-profits in different countries such as France, Germany, Vietnam, Indonesia, Spain and New Zealand. I spend most of my time building the future of geo-spatial data at Koordinates and doing marine research at the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA).
I enjoy applying the knowledge I earned working as a computer scientist for more than 15 years to help solve problems in the environmental and conservation fields. Some of my most relevant skills are:
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Spatial conservation prioritisation
- High quality evidence-based reports, good presentation and communication skills
If you think I can be of any help, do get in touch.
Lundquist, C.; Tablada, J.; Watson, S. (2020). Evaluation of biodiversity protected by Sea Change Tai Timu Tai Pari – Marine Protected Area Proposals. Report prepared for the Department of Conservation. Available at https://www.doc.govt.nz/our-work/sea-change-hauraki-gulf-marine-spatial-plan/
Tablada, J. (2020). Suspended Sediment Transport Processes on a Wave-exposed Tidal Flat in the Southern Firth of Thames. https://catalogue.library.auckland.ac.nz/permalink/f/1v9lq2o/uoa_alma21343515080002091
- September 2019 - Newsroom - Sleuths use footprints to help at-risk birds
- March 2019 - Our Auckland - How are those dotterels doing?
- February 2019 - RNZ - Piha's dotterel chicks battle against the odds
- February 2019 - RNZ - Dotterels nest amongst Piha crowds
- April 2018 - Our Auckland - Calling together a dotterel forum
- January 2018 - RNZ - Dog attack on Piha dotterels