I'm a software engineer with a degree from the Barcelona Schools of Informatics and in recent years I earned a MSc in Environmental Science from the University of Auckland. I also hold a postgraduate diploma in International Cooperation and Development from the Technical University of Catalonia. For more than fifteen years I've worked for several companies and non-profits in different countries such as France, Germany, Vietnam, Indonesia, Spain and New Zealand. I currently work as a marine science advisor for the Department of Conservation.
I enjoy applying the knowledge I earned working as a computer scientist for more than 15 years to help solve problems in the environmental and conservation fields. Some of my most relevant skills are:
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Systematic Conservation Planning
- Geospatial Information Systems
- High quality evidence-based reports, good presentation and communication skills
If you think I can be of any help, do get in touch.
Stephenson, F., Rowden, A. A., Tablada, J., Tunley, K., Brough, T., Lundquist, C., Bowden, D. & Geange, S (2023). A seafloor bioregionalisation for New Zealand. Ocean & Coastal Management, Volume 242, 106688. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0964569123002132
Tablada, J., Geange, S., & Lundquist, C. J. (2022). Evaluation of biodiversity benefits of proposed marine protected areas from the Sea Change—Tai Timu Tai Pari Hauraki Gulf Marine Spatial Plan. Conservation Science and Practice, e12803. https://doi.org/10.1111/csp2.12803
Tablada, J.; Geange, S.; Stephenson, F. (2022). SC10-DW03. Development of a process to review all recent and historical benthic VME bycatch data https://www.sprfmo.int/assets/02-SC10/Meeting-Papers/SC10-DW03-Development-of-a-process-to-review-all-recent-and-historical-benthic-bycatch-data-NZ.pdf
Lundquist, C.; Tablada, J.; Watson, S. (2020). Evaluation of biodiversity protected by Sea Change Tai Timu Tai Pari – Marine Protected Area Proposals. NIWA report prepared for the Department of Conservation https://www.doc.govt.nz/our-work/sea-change-hauraki-gulf-marine-spatial-plan/
Tablada, J. (2020). Suspended Sediment Transport Processes on a Wave-exposed Tidal Flat in the Southern Firth of Thames. https://catalogue.library.auckland.ac.nz/permalink/f/1v9lq2o/uoa_alma21343515080002091
- September 2019 - Newsroom - Sleuths use footprints to help at-risk birds
- March 2019 - Our Auckland - How are those dotterels doing?
- February 2019 - RNZ - Piha's dotterel chicks battle against the odds
- February 2019 - RNZ - Dotterels nest amongst Piha crowds
- April 2018 - Our Auckland - Calling together a dotterel forum
- January 2018 - RNZ - Dog attack on Piha dotterels